Listen the Post
What is Back Pain
Back Pain is pain anywhere from the upper neck to the lower back resulting in loss of function or causing disability.
What are the Risk Factors of Back Pain?
The risk factors for Back Pain can be
- Aging: As a part of the normal age-related degenerative process.
- Lifestyle: Stress. Poor Posture, Long Periods or Sitting Standing. Lack of Exercise
- Injuries and Accidents: injury to Bones, Muscle, Ligaments, or any other Soft Tissue can lead to Back Pain
- Obesity: Being overweight puts additional pressure and stress on the Back
What are the common causes of Back Pain?
Back Pain is caused by specific spinal conditions like
- Slip Disc/ Disc Bulge/ Prolapsed Disc/ Protruded Disc/ Extruded Disc/ Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis Cervical/ Thoracic/ Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Facet Arthritis/ Rheumatoid Arthritis/ Degenerative Arthritis/ Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Primary Spinal Tumours
- Spinal Metastatic tumours
- Spine Infections
- Spine Tuberculosis / Spine TB/ Kochs Spine
- Spinal Fracture/ Dislocations
- Metabolic causes – Osteomalacia – Vitamin D deficiency: Osteopenia, Osteoporosis
What are the Common Symptoms associated with Back Pain?
The common complaints associated with Back Pain are:
- Buttock Pain
- Tingling, Numbness, Weakness in thighs, legs, calves, feet & toes
- Stiff Back – Morning Stiffness, Muscle Spasms
- Hip Pain
- Difficulty in Passing Urine or Motion and Difficulty in Walking/ Imbalance of Gait
- Leg Pain
Spine specialist, Chief spine Surgeon
Lilavati Hospital & Bombay Hospital
Director – Spine Clinic & Mumbai institute of Spine Surgery, Mumbai.
For Appointments: Call: +91-9619100123 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org