Listen the Post
Why Sun Salutation?
The sun is the source of energy and therefore this yoga asana is a powerful and effective way to awaken our body and mind. Surya Namaskar has been performed since ancient times to pay respect, express gratitude towards the sun. Sun has been a source of both spirituality and vitality, the Sun is worshipped as the source of all life on earth.
Are you looking forward to working on your cardiovascular system along with improving blood circulation, Are you looking forward to Weight loss, Are you looking forward to improving your digestion and many such things then Surya Namaskar is the asana you need to do on regular basis.
Did you know that doing 12 sets of Surya Namaskar is equal to doing 288 yoga poses?
By doing Surya Namaskar you are doing exercise for each and every part of the body which means that this has a great impact on the heart, intestine, stomach, liver, throat, chest, legs, and muscles of our body.
Few of the health benefits of Surya Namaskar:
- It helps you get Better blood circulation
- Improves muscle strength and endurance
- If you are looking forward to losing weight then Surya Namaskar should be done at a fast pace
- It helps you glow your Skin
- It strengthens joints and muscles
- Improves Digestive system
- Improves function of internal organs
- Improves muscle tone
- It strengthens the body
- It helps in reducing anxiety
- It helps you deal with insomnia
The bottom line:
The ideal time to perform Surya Namaskar is during sunrise while facing towards the sun. Surya Namaskar is an intensive exercise that works on every major muscle group of the body. It’s a boon for any health-conscious person.